Monday, January 20, 2014

Is your username critical to your success on Fiverr?


I read a recent post on Fiverr's own blog that your username plays a massive part in whether or not your gig is found on Fiverr. It was explained that it is somehow included in the Fiverr search algorithm on their site.

However. I've not found this to be not exactly true (although admittedly there isn't much method to my quick test of this). For an experiment I searched for 'design facebook cover' and got the following first four results:

1. I will design a Facebook Cover for $5
By randallseang
6 votes
3 orders in queue

2. I will do a facebook cover for $5
By creativeinarts
57 votes
13 orders in queue

3. I will do any facebook cover for $5
By online_jobs
20 votes
5 orders in queue

4. I will design a facebook cover for $5
By crazyyouth
19 votes
0 orders in queue

These don't seem to adhere to any particular search result ranking other than the relevancy of the title of the gig, and perhaps the gig description and content. So it seems that this algorithm doesn't really work in this way? Then again, it can't harm you to have a decent name for your Fiverr account.


No comments:

Post a Comment